top of page

Group

Público·94 miembros

[S4E14] The Grove

Carol, Tyreese, Lizzie, Mika, and Judith come across a house in a pecan grove on their trek to Terminus and deal with the moralistic concepts of the world of walkers, an unstable Lizzie, and the admission by Carol of killing Karen to Tyreese.

[S4E14] The Grove

Tyreese, Carol, and sisters Lizzie and Mika continue their journey to Terminus along the railroad tracks, while caring for Rick's young daughter Judith. Carol and Tyreese are concerned for the survival of the sisters, as Mika is too gentle and Lizzie appears to not understand what walkers are. They spot a walker get trapped by his legs on the train tracks, and Lizzie pleads with Tyreese to spare it, as it no longer represents a threat. Nearby, they find an abandoned home in a pecan grove, Carol suggesting they may want to rest there a few days. While Tyreese and Carol clear the house of walkers, a walker approaches the sisters; Mika is quick to shoot it in the head, while Lizzie looks on in tears. They secure the perimeter of the house and settle in.

Meanwhile, Carol implores Mika to toughen up. Mika insists she can kill walkers but won't kill people because it's wrong. Carol says Mika will die if she doesn't change. They discover a house in the middle of a pecan grove. Carol suggests they stay put for a couple of days.

There's a recurrent theme involving in The Walking Dead that is given some room in this episode, people find apparently safety, it seems to be going well, and then the walls come crumbling down with generally an undead horde pouring through those walls. Due to events in the episode the rather peaceful and idyllic grove discovered by Carol and Mika is no longer the haven it was at the beginning of the episode; we close with Carol and Tyreese resuming their journey toward Terminus and whatever that might actually be.

One of the best shows on Netflix is The Walking Dead. The first six seasons are currently streaming and we expect the last season to arrive on Netflix in late September or early October. That should leave just enough time for fans of the AMC series to binge-watch the last round of episodes before the Oct. 22 date of the season 8 premiere.\nIt\u2019s been a long road for Sheriff Rick & Co. Friends have been lost and sometimes found again. We\u2019ve seen love and hate, birth and death, corruption and justice. And then there\u2019s the flat-out crazy. Through it all, the show has been one of the few shows that remain appointment TV. Meaning, you have to watch the show when it airs on Sunday nights because you can\u2019t risk going to work or school the next day and getting fed a bunch of spoilers about who died in the episode and what crazy thing happened.\nBecause we have some time until there are new episodes to watch on Netflix and AMC, let\u2019s take a walk down memory lane and revisit the 30 best moments from The Walking Dead.\nWarning: This post contains spoilers so tread lightly if you have not watched all 7 seasons of The Walking Dead.\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 30: Abraham talks to Glenn about the facts of life.\n \n"},"title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/2\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tHOLLYWOOD, CA \u2013 OCTOBER 23: Actor Michael Cudlitz attends AMC presents \u2018Talking Dead Live\u2019 for the premiere of \u2018The Walking Dead\u2019 at Hollywood Forever on October 23, 2016, in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Joe Scarnici\/Getty Images for AMC)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n30. Abraham talks to Glenn about the facts of life. Season 6, Episode 11, \u201cKnots Untie\u201d\nAbraham: \u201cWhen you were pouring the Bisquick, were you trying to make pancakes?\u201d\nGlenn: (Confused face. Then somewhat amused.)\nAh, Abraham. He had some of the best lines of any character on The Walking Dead. Take, for example, the classic, \u201cLoose ends make my ass itch.\u201d Or \u201cYou\u2019d have better luck picking up a turd by its clean end.\u201d And then there\u2019s the oh so eloquent, \u201cBitch nuts.\u201d\nIn this episode, Abraham is trying to find some hope. He\u2019s trying to come to terms with a future and what that future might look like. And he thinks he might be in love with Sasha. This is also the episode where the group finds Harlan, the obstetrician. He hooks Maggie up with prenatal vitamins and gives her an ultrasound exam, complete with a picture of Little Pancake Rhee.\nAbraham has some trouble with the idea of bringing a child into the post-apocalyptic world. When Glenn tells him they were indeed considering making pancakes \u2013 that they are \u201ctrying to build something\u201d \u2013 Abraham is pretty clear that he thinks it\u2019s a bad idea given the current state of the world. \u201cI see rain coming, I\u2019m wearing galoshes. I\u2019m doubling up.\u201d\nAs the gang heads home, they pass around the ultrasound photo with guarded smiles and poignant looks and reflect on the fact that life does indeed go on. At least as long as you\u2019re pouring the Bisquick.\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 29: Jadis wants to lay with Rick.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/3\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tWASHINGTON, DC \u2013 FEBRUARY 05: Actor Andrew Lincoln, who stars as Rick Grimes in \u2018The Walking Dead\u2019, participates in the \u2018Behind the Scenes of The Walking Dead, Smithsonian Associates\u2019 panel discussion at the George Washington University, Lisner Auditorium on February 5, 2016, in Washington, DC. (Photo by Paul Morigi\/Getty Images for AMC)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n29. Jadis wants to lay with Rick. Season 7, Episode 16, \u201cThe First Day of the Rest of Your Life\u201d\nJadis: (looking at Michonne and nodding toward Rick) \u201cYours?\u201d\nMichonne: (pauses and nods) \u201cYeah, we\u2019re together.\u201d\nJadis: \u201cI lay with him after. You care?\u201d\nIs this woman for real?\u00a0The Walking Dead is certainly not a comedy, but the writers have a talent for adding moments of levity to an often horrific, gruesome story. And pretty much everything Jadis says makes me laugh. Or scratch my head in confusion. This moment was a combination of both.\nJadis is the leader of the Scavengers, a group that makes their home on a garbage heap\/junkyard. (Many fans refer to them as the \u201cGarbage Pail Kids.\u201d) They speak in broken phrases, using as few words as possible, and their motto is, \u201cWe take, we don\u2019t bother.\u201d They are arguably the most bizarre group of survivors we have encountered on The Walking Dead.\nIn this scene, the Scavengers have arrived at Alexandria to help our heroes fight Negan and the Saviors, after putting Rick\u2019s group through a pretty serious hazing process to earn their trust. Jadis is surveying the surroundings and I guess she decides she fancies Rick. So she lays it on the line for Michonne.\nMichonne responds with a bewildered, yet amused, \u201cWe should get back to work.\u201d But the best part of the scene is Rick\u2019s face. His look of dumbfounded disbelief is the perfect break in an otherwise intense season finale.\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 28: Andrea gives Lori a verbal spanking.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/4\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tATLANTA, GA \u2013 FEBRUARY 16: Member of The cast of \u2018The Walking Dead\u2019 Laurie Holden (Andrea) attends the Inaugural aTVfest presented by (SCAD) Savannah College of Art and Design on February 16, 2013, in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Rick Diamond\/Getty Images for Savannah College of Art and Design)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n28. Andrea gives Lori a verbal spanking. Season 2, Episode 10, \u201c18 Miles Out\u201d\nAndrea: \u201cYou don\u2019t get it do you? Your husband came back from the dead. Your son, too and now you got a baby on the way. The rest of us have piled up our losses \u2026 You know what? Go ahead. Go in there and tell that little girl that everything\u2019s gonna be ok \u2013 just like it is for you. She\u2019ll get a husband, a son, baby\u2026 boyfriend. She just has to look on the bright side.\u201d\nOuch. In this scene, Lori and Andrea are arguing over the handling of Beth\u2019s suicide attempt. Lori thinks Beth should be watched and saved, while Andrea feels it\u2019s ultimately Beth\u2019s choice. The argument then devolves into bickering over who does more at Hershel\u2019s farm.\nPoor Lori, doing the laundry and cooking while Andrea sits atop Dale\u2019s RV \u201cworking on her tan with a shotgun in her lap.\u201d Poor Andrea, responsible for keeping everyone safe while Lori \u201cplays house.\u201d\nIn the end, Andrea gets the upper hand with that boyfriend comment \u2013 a reference, of course, to Lori\u2019s relationship with Shane. Lots of fans say this is about the only time they really liked Andrea (which speaks volumes about how fans feel about Lori).\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 27: Eugene becomes Negan.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/5\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tSAN DIEGO, CA \u2013 JULY 23: Actor Josh McDermitt attends SiriusXM\u2019s Entertainment Weekly Radio Channel Broadcasts From Comic-Con 2016 at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 22, 2016, in San Diego, California. (Photo by Vivien Killilea\/Getty Images for SiriusXM)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n27. Eugene becomes Negan. Season 7, Episode 11, \u201cHostiles and Calamities\u201d\nWell, apparently he always was Negan.\nNegan: \u201cWho are-\u201d\nEugene: \u201cI\u2019m Negan. I\u2019m utterly, completely, stone-cold Negan. I was Negan before I even met you, I just needed to meet you properly to know.\u201d\nThis started out as an intense scene because we weren\u2019t sure if Negan was going to bash Eugene\u2019s head in or not. But when Eugene delivered that line, I laughed out loud. I\u2019m sure it was pee-pee pants city for poor Eugene when Negan captured him. But once he realized he would not be at the receiving end of Lucille\u2019s wrath (yet), I could see the wheels turning in his head.\nThe jury is still out on Eugene\u2019s true intentions. Some think he has a plan \u2013 after all, he IS a smarty-pants. I think he\u2019s just a complete coward (as he has readily admitted many times) and will do whatever is necessary to stay alive.\nAnd it seems like he kinda, almost has it better at the Saviors\u2019 compound. He is respected for his intelligence and treated like one of the head honchos. He gets to sleep in his own studio apartment, play video games, eat pickles, and do fun science experiments with Negan\u2019s hot wives. And he gets to enjoy listening to \u201cEasy Street,\u201d instead of being tortured by it.\nThe episode ends with Eugene introducing himself to Dwight in what seems like an awkward bonding attempt. We may not know where Eugene is going, but he certainly does offer some comic \u2013 if confusing \u2013 relief.\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 26: Olivia smacks Negan.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/6\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tNEW YORK, NY \u2013 OCTOBER 09: Actress Ann Mahoney attends the season six premiere of \u2018The Walking Dead\u2019 at Madison Square Garden on October 9, 2015, in New York City. (Photo by Theo Wargo\/Getty Images)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n26. Olivia smacks Negan. Season 7, Episode 7 \u201cSing Me a Song\u201d\nNegan: \u201cI think it would be enjoyable to screw your brains out.\u201d\nOlivia: (lands a hard slap across his face)\nNegan: \u201cI am about 50% more into you now. Just sayin!\u201d\nThis scene has Negan hanging out at Rick\u2019s house like the unwelcome, long-lost uncle. He harasses Olivia, cooks up a nice spaghetti dinner, then discovers Judith and spends some quality time rocking her on the front porch while enjoying a tall glass of lemonade. He even comments about getting himself a vacation home in Alexandria because he likes it so much. All the while, Carl and Olivia look on with discomfort and dismay.\nYou may hate Negan, but you\u2019ve got to admit he\u2019s got some really good lines. The man is funny \u2013 in a psychotic sort of way \u2013 and his delivery is on point. While this scene isn\u2019t a \u201cbest moment\u201d in the sense of what happened, it was one of the funniest interactions Negan has had with any character. And damn if it didn\u2019t feel good to see someone stand up to Negan!\nSadly, Olivia dies at the end of this episode, so it\u2019s doubly meaningful that she had the chance to beat on Negan a bit.\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 25: Carl sings Negan a song.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/7\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tSAN DIEGO, CA \u2013 JULY 21: Actor Chandler Riggs from \u2018The Walking Dead\u2019 at the Hall H panel with AMC at San Diego Comic-Con International 2017 at the San Diego Convention Center on July 21, 2017 in San Diego, California. (Photo by Jesse Grant\/Getty Images for AMC)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n25. Carl sings Negan a song. Season 7, Episode 7 \u201cSing Me a Song\u201d\nNegan: \u201cYou mowed down two of my men, I want something in return for that! Sing me a song.\u201d\nThe antithesis of Negan\u2019s scene with Olivia has got to be when he forces Carl to take off his eye patch and sing him a song. This has got to be one of the most cringe-worthy moments of the series.\nAfter Carl\u2019s ill-fated attempt to get into the Sanctuary and kill Negan, he finds himself face to face with his target. Negan is kind of impressed with Carl\u2019s courage, but he needs to make him squirm and suffer for killing the two men. And he\u2019s just warped enough to want to inspect Carl\u2019s wounded eye up close and personal.\nCarl removes the bandage and eye patch, revealing his grotesque eye socket scar to all of us for the very first time. (And how impressive are The Walking Dead\u2019s makeup artists?) He\u2019s visibly shaken \u2013 an emotion we don\u2019t see that often from the typically tough Carl \u2013 as Negan busts his balls about how nasty he looks.\nNegan does feel bad (or acts like he does) and comments that it\u2019s sometimes hard to remember that Carl is still just a kid. But then, in true psychotic, split personality fashion, Negan makes Carl sing him a song to make him feel even more awkward and uncomfortable. Carl whimpers his way through \u201cYou Are My Sunshine,\u201d to which Negan replies, \u201cLucille loves being sung to.\u201d\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 24: Rick kills Shane, Carl shoots zombie Shane.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/8\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tSAN DIEGO, CA \u2013 JULY 21: Actor Jon Bernthal at Marvel\u2019s \u2018The Defenders\u2019 Press Line during Comic-Con International 2017 at Hilton Bayfront on July 21, 2017, in San Diego, California. (Photo by Dia Dipasupil\/Getty Images)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n24. Rick kills Shane, Carl shoots zombie Shane. Season 2, Episode 12 \u201cBetter Angels\u201d\nShane: \u201cI\u2019m a better father than you, Rick. I\u2019m better for Lori than you, man. Cause I\u2019m a better man than you Rick \u2026 but you just come back here and you destroy everything!\u201d\nYou\u2019ll remember that Shane was Rick\u2019s police partner and best friend, but he left him to die in the hospital when the world essentially ended. Then he told Lori and Carl that Rick was dead and quickly made his move to step into the role of husband and father. So there\u2019s a lot of water under the bridge right there.\nShane didn\u2019t appreciate Rick coming back. It kinda messed up his plans. So he hatched a new plan that involved getting Rick out into the woods alone and killing him. Not the first time Shane has sacrificed another person to serve his own purpose.\nBut super-sheriff Rick figured it out. He refused to fight Shane and held out his gun to hand over. He somehow managed to keep Shane talking and distracted and second-guessing himself long enough to get close to him. Then he grabbed his knife and stabbed him. It\u2019s a sad, sad scene where Rick is overwhelmed with emotion.\nAnd then he hears \u201cDad?!\u201d And there\u2019s Carl, seeing his father leaning over the dead body of his other father. Carl immediately pulls a gun on Rick. Does he hate Rick for what he did? Is he protecting himself in case Rick isn\u2019t in his right mind? Or is he just smart enough to think that Shane might come back as a walker any minute now? I can never really decide when I watch this scene.\nWhatever Carl was thinking, he was ready to deliver a perfect head shot when zombie Shane starts advancing on Rick.\n\n \n Next:\u00a0No. 23: Lori delivers her baby, then Carl shoots her.\n \n","title":"The Walking Dead binge-watch guide: 30 best moments to relive on Netflix - Page 25","permalink":"https:\/\/netflixlife.com\/2017\/07\/27\/the-walking-dead-best-moments\/9\/","shortCodeTitle":null,"content":"\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tUNIVERSAL CITY, CA \u2013 OCTOBER 04: Actress Sarah Wayne Callies and Andrew Lincoln arrives at the premiere of AMC\u2019s \u2018The Walking Dead\u2019 3rd Season at Universal CityWalk on October 4, 2012, in Universal City, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison\/Getty Images)\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\n23. Lori delivers her baby, then Carl shoots her. Season 3, Episode 4, \u201cKiller Within\u201d\nLori: \u201cYou are gonna beat this world, I know you will. You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave. And I love you.\u201d\nLori goes into labor and it\u2019s immediately evident that there\u2019s a problem. She knows what has to be done and she knows she\u2019s going to die delivering the baby. Lori convinces Maggie and Carl that they need to save the baby and not her.\nThere\u2019s a heart-wrenching scene where Lori tells Carl to always do the right thing and that she loves him so much. Then Maggie delivers Lori\u2019s baby by Cesarean section -\u2013 digging her hands into Lori\u2019s belly while Carl watches. Once the baby is breathing and crying, Carl tells Maggie he wants to be the one to shoot Lori in the head so she won\u2019t turn into a walker.\nCarl flashes back to a conversation when Rick tells him they are all gonna die and there\u2019s no way you can ever be ready for it. We see Maggie holding the baby as a shot is fired, then Carl walks out of the room looking tough as nails.\nPoor Carl\u2019s been through a lot. He\u2019s had to grow up fast. And while I was initially not a Carl fan, he has turned out to be one of the few characters who seems to truly understand the nature of the world they now live in. He has no romantic ideas about the future of human kind. Carl understands that it\u2019s kill or be kille

Acerca de

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page